Country Club of Lincoln was formally incorporated during their grand opening on July 16, 1903.
The original property and clubhouse, the ex-governors’ mansion, was located just south of downtown Lincoln. With the help of Woods Bros. Realty, the Club was later moved to a new property further south of town in 1920. Course designers William H. Tucker and Gregor MacMillan developed a prairie style course with only one tree. With the newly designed course and freshly built clubhouse, the Club officially reopened in late 1922. Since then the Club has hosted many national events include the Men’s and Women’s Trans Miss along with being a twelve-time host of the Nebraska State Amateur Championship. Despite its short distance on the card, the extremely fast green speeds and tight tee shots keep it as one of the toughest courses in the region.